Thursday, February 2, 2012

We're back...


... well, we were never really bloggers so I guess I should say, "We're here!"  Now that I'm working outside the home, I thought a blog would be the best way to update everyone on the Workmon happenings since I don't have much time to chat on the phone- especially during the week!  So, to catch everyone up here are some pictures and an update...

The pictures of DrewB (his new nickname made up by daddy of course!  I actually can't imagine calling him anything else.  It is precious to hear Caroline say "DrewB Drew" in her sweet two-year-old voice) are when he was just ONE WEEK OLD!  He is now two and a half months old, and the days of us being a family of three seem like so long ago.  DrewB looks a bit different now.  He is in the 95th percentile for height and 90th percentile for weight.  He is already in six-month clothes... what a chunk!   It's funny as Caroline has consistently been 90th percentile for height and 20th for weight!  I'll post more recent pictures of them later- I'm typing this on a computer that doesn't have our most recent pictures on it.

Having two children truly is a joy.  I feel when you're pregnant with your first child you have no idea what is coming to you.  Nothing can prepare you for the sleepless nights, stress of having NO idea what you're doing, impatience with your spouse due to lack of sleep, etc. etc. etc.  However, with your second you know you must put your armor on to prepare to go to battle with the newborn days.  (Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say... while tough the newborn days are some of the most special times).  You know you're not going to get any sleep.  You know you must pray constantly for patience.  You know what you need and don't need as far as supplies.  And you know what you're doing when it comes to the feedings.  (If you were a breastfeeding mom, you know how stressful that can be with your first... are they eating enough?  I am doing it right?  That all went away for me the second time around).  I have honestly felt such a calmness with DrewB which is a far cry from what I felt with Caroline.  I couldn't even think about having another child until Caroline was one due to the overwhelming stress of the life change, but the moment I looked into DrewB's eyes for the very first time I knew I wanted more (and so did Andrew).  After you've become accustomed to your life with your first child, you can't imagine your life with just one blessing (or at least that is how Andrew and I feel).  Also, through events in our lives, the Lord taught me as a mommy that every child is a blessing and that a patient mommy is a blessing to a child.

Caroline really is the best big sister around-she takes after her aunts!  DrewB gets a million kisses from her a day, she protects him, changes his diapers, reads him stories, sings to him and doesn't like to be away from him especially when he is crying.  It is amazing to see her caring heart and amazing to see how the Lord shows us His love through siblings.  What a gift!






Here's hoping to me remembering to update this blog!  I have a feeling I will... :)


We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done  Psalm 78:4

No comments:

Post a Comment